Friday, August 15, 2008

After fishing my local haunts almost weekly for the past few months, I decided to stretch my legs a bit and head up over the mountain. Busted out of the house around 6, was on the water a little after 7.



I started nymphing, had a few on but couldn't seal the deal. Switched the nymphs out for my old standby, a foam bodied parachute pattern that has resulted in almost every trout I've caught since June.



Caught many, most around 10 or 12 inches, lost a few that were pretty fat but what are you gonna do? Caught a mix of natives and planters, amazing how you can tell from the initial take which one you've got on the line...



I'll be back out here the first weekend in September getting a tune up on my spey cast and getting ready for steelies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home