Monday, June 30, 2008

I took Friday off, and given the temps were supposed to be in the the 90's by early afternoon I buzzed out of the house early and hit the trail around 9:30 AM.



I brought the 5 weight with a sink tip, and walked up river swinging streamers through the deeper holes in the hopes of hooking up with a bull. Had one nice grab, and he started "bull dogging" me down towards the bottom of the hole before popping off.



Hoofed it in the three miles to the old DeMari cabin, where I put the 5 weight away and broke out the 3 weight.



I originally started out with a #16 adams, but after no activity I swapped it for a new foam parachute pattern, which looks like a #8 golden stone or hopper. It was immediate trout candy - you could see these redbands screaming out of their pockets and just hammering the thing...





Hooked plenty, landed a few, missed more. A great day on the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home