Friday, June 02, 2006

I fished this coastal river last Sunday, the day after it opened, and despite pouring rain and chilly temps I had an absolute blast. So much so that I couldn't wait to head out of work early Friday and do the same that afternoon.

This time, though, I swapped the 2 weight for the 0 weight and brought my camera.

Armed with a size 14 parachute adams and a size 16 pheasant tail dropper, I moved my way down river and cast behind every rock and log, drifted my flies through foam lines and behind riffles.

While I didn't see the prolific pale evening duns hatching as I did the previous weekend, there was decent numbers of smaller tan caddis and what I believe to be Pale Morning Dun spinners.

The river is only open for another week and a half, so I'll see if I can sneak one more day in before it closes for the season.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home